Use White Vinegar and Baking Soda to Make Household Cleaners!
Once you get started, it’s really simple! You will: save money, breathe cleaner air, and be earth-friendly. Work with your supporter to make these DIY household cleaners.
- White vinegar can get rid of germs and mold.
- Fill a spray bottle with equal parts white vinegar and water (one cup to one cup). Shake it up and you're ready to clean!
- Spray and scrub sinks, counter tops, toilets, showers and tubs, floors, refrigerator and wash windows with your vinegar and water mix. Warning: Don’t use vinegar on marble.
More Household Cleaning Uses for White Vinegar:
- Clean toilets. Pour one cup of vinegar in toilet bowl. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Flush and you are done!
- Get rid of carpet stains. Mix one tablespoon white vinegar, one tablespoon dish soap and two cups warm water. Rub onto the carpet stain, rinse, and dry.
- Remove nasty odors. Put a bowl of white vinegar in the kitchen overnight. Or, simmer a cup of white vinegar on the stove.
- To mix, put baking soda in a resealable container. Add enough water to the baking soda to make a paste.
- Use on hard to clean surfaces like tiles and stove tops. Rinse with water after use.
More Household Cleaning Uses for Baking Soda:
- Brightening Clothes. Add a cup of dry baking soda to a load of laundry.
- Clean Carpet Odors. Put dry baking soda on carpet. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Vacuum.