GUIDELINES FOR USE OF SAFETYNET LEARNING TOOLS
Topic: Internet Safety
Use the materials below to help others learn more about staying safe on the Internet.
LEARNING TOOLS :
- Internet Safety – Fact Sheet
- Talking about How to Stay Safe – Video
- Using the Internet – Fact Sheet
- Internet Safety – Newsletter
- What You Need to Know about Internet Safety – Article
- Having a Conversation about Internet Safety – Fact Sheet
Print complete learning tool packet here.
SafetyNet Learning Tools are designed to assist in providing information on a specific topic and to be used in a variety of learning environments. These Learning Tools can be used during one on one conversations with an individual or with small and larger groups.
Before beginning a learning session, the presenter should review all SafetyNet Learning Tools on the topic. The trainer can find additional material within the links provided on SafetyNet Article and Newsletter.
BEFORE THE TRAINING
The presenter should
- Arrange of adequate time and comfortable space for the training and discussion.
- Arrange for any equipment needed, such as a laptop and projector.
- Set up necessary equipment.
- Print or photocopy enough materials for each individual to have their own copy.
- Shows slide show
- Leads discussion of content and encourages open communication.
- Reviews and discusses information on each of the handouts.
- Asks questions to check for understanding.
- Follows up with additional review and discussion as needed.
- It is recommended that training be provided in multiple sessions to assure adequate coverage and understanding of the topic.