Ways to Prevent Colds and Flu: Hand Washing and Other Tricks to Keep from Getting Sick
What are Colds and Flu?
You can get colds or flu from people who are sick by:
- Colds and flu are very common illnesses.
- People who have a cold often feel tired, have a runny nose and sore throat, and sneeze a lot.
- People who have the flu often have a fever, body aches, a headache, a cough, and a sore throat .
You can get germs on your hands by:
- Breathing in their germs.
- Touching your eyes, nose, or mouth after getting their germs on your hands.
- Touching a cup, or something else that you will put in your mouth, after getting germs on your hands.
WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Being near someone who is sick when they cough or sneeze.
- Touching someone who is sick, or touching things in their room or house when they are sick.
You can also protect yourself from getting sick by:
- This is the most important thing that you can do to prevent colds and flu.
- Wash your hands under running water.
- USE SOAP!!!
- Clean above your wrists, between your fingers and under your finger nails.
- Use a towel to turn off the water AND to open the door, if you are in a sick personís room.
End of Presentation
- Asking your doctor about getting vaccinated for the flu.
- Drinking plenty of water.
- Getting plenty of fresh air.
- Eating your fruits and vegetables.
- Relaxing and get plenty of sleep everyday.