Smoking is bad for your health.
- Smoking can hurt your lungs and heart.
- Smoking can cause cancer.
- Women who smoke may have sick babies.
- You can get healthy by quitting smoking!
What happens when you quit smoking?
- You breathe better and cough less.
- You lower the chances of cancer and heart problems.
- You feel better and have more energy.
- What happens when you quit smoking?
- Food tastes better.
- You and your clothes smell better.
- You have whiter teeth.
- You will live longer and stay healthy.
Make a plan to quit smoking.
- Pick a day to quit smoking.
- Mark it on your calendar.
- Tell people about your plan.
- Tell people the day you plan to quit.
Ask for help.
- Ask your family and friends to help you.
- Ask your doctor or support person about classes for people who want to quit.
- Your doctor may give you medicine to help.
Stick to your plan!
- Get rid of cigarettes and ashtrays around you.
- Ask others not to smoke near you.
- Think of other things when you want a cigarette.
- Chew gum, eat raw vegetables, or eat popcorn.
You may gain weight when you quit smoking.
- If you are hungry, eat fruits and vegetables
- Stay away from food with sugar and fat.
- Exercise every day.
Check out these links for more information about quitting smoking:
How to Quit Smoking?
Last updated on March 9th, 2010