You can choose to live a healthy life.
- Take care of your body by:
- Eating healthy foods
- Exercising at least three times each week
- Visiting your doctor at least once a year
- Take care of your mind by:
- Spending time with other people
- Doing things you enjoy
- Trying new things
Eat healthy foods.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains
- Lean meats without much fat
- Low or nonfat milk, cheese, and yogurt
- Every day if you can
- At least three times each week
- Choose activities you enjoy
Visit your doctor.
- Your doctor can:
- Make sure you are healthy
- Help you not get sick
- You can learn more about going to see your doctor:
Take care of your mind.
- Stay involved with work or school.
- Help others – volunteer!
- Do fun things with friends.
A healthy life is your choice to make!
- You can use this sheet to make a plan about your healthy life choices.
- Your helpers, family, and friends can help!
Last updated on March 29th, 2010