How do you know when food goes bad?
- You can use your nose.
- Does the food smell stinky?
- You can use your eyes:
- Does it have things growing on it?
- Is the can dented, rusty or leaking?
- If it is in a package:
- Is it past the Do Not Use date?
Never eat food that you think may be bad.
- Do not test the food by tasting it.
- Can you see or smell that it is bad?
- Do you think the food is bad?
If you eat food that is bad, you may:
- Go to the bathroom a lot
- Throw up
- Have bad stomach pain
- Get a fever
Call your doctor if:
- You have a fever above 101.5 degrees
- You see blood in the toilet
- You have a dry mouth and throat
- You feel dizzy when you stand up
Last updated on April 2nd, 2010