What is fast food?
Fast food is food that is made fast, like pizza, fried chicken, burritos, sandwiches, burgers, fries, sodas, and milkshakes.
Why can fast food be bad for you?
It has lots of sugar, salt, and fat in it. And it has lots and lots of calories. Those things can make you gain weight and be bad for your heart.
If you eat fast food… make healthy choices!
- A vegetable salad
- Grilled chicken or fish
- Regular size burgers, burritos, and sandwiches
- Wheat bread for sandwiches and brown rice with Asian food
- Thin crust pizza with vegetables
- Water or fruit juice
- Eating at “All You Can Eat” places
- Fries, fried fish, and fried chicken
- Extra cheese, sauce, and sour cream
- Sodas and milkshakes
- Large size burgers, pizzas, and burritos
You can read more about fast food at Healthy Food at Fast Food Restaurants:
- HelpGuide.org, Tips for Making Healthier Fast Food Choices