Print the full article here
When You Eat Outdoors
- Remember to keep food:
Keep it Clean!
- Wash and clean:
- Your hands before starting
- The counter where you get food ready to cook
- The things you use to cook with
- The table where you eat
Keep it Cool!
- Use a cooler with ice.
- Keep your food in the cooler.
- Don’t take the food out until you are ready to eat.
Keep it Covered!
- Keep all food covered.
- Leave the cover on until you are ready to eat.
- This will keep flies and other bugs off the food.
Keep it Safe!
- If you are cooking meat:
- Cook it all the way through!
- Use a meat thermometer to check it.
- If you have left over food, put it in the cooler.
- If food looks or smells bad:
- Do not eat it.
- Throw it away!
Check out these other Safety Points about Cooking