Print the full article here!
How do you know when food goes bad?
- You can use your nose.
- Does the food smell stinky?
- You can use your eyes.
- Does it have things growing on it?
- Is the can dented, rusty, or leaking?
- If it is in a package, is it past the Do Not Use date?
Never eat food that you think may be bad.
- Do not test the food by tasting it.
- Can you see or smell that it is bad?
- Do you think the food is bad?
If you eat food that is bad, you may:
- Go to the bathroom a lot.
- Throw up.
- Have bad stomach pain.
- Get a fever.
Call your doctor if:
- You have a fever above 101.5 degrees.
- You see blood in the toilet.
- You have a dry mouth and throat.
- You feel dizzy when you stand up.